Tuesday 10 February 2009

First Impressions Count!

.

Better villa images can lead to more bookings!

How can you create a good first impression? Easy, make sure you have killer photos of your holiday home displayed on your advertising. Often taken for granted a little attention to detail in this area can actually help you win more business! Think about it in these terms - The novelty of scrolling through properties online wears pretty thin, pretty quickly so it’s your job to try and capture a customer's attention as quickly as possible. (Preferably before they slip into a boredom induced coma)

On most villa rental websites a small image of the properties is displayed within the search results; this is your first impression. The better the image the more people will click through to your advert. If you aren't the best photographer or like me find most electrical item’s something of an enigma then do yourself a favour - hire someone that knows what they are doing. Get a professional to take some quality snaps. Quality, professionally taken images will pay for them selves in the long run. I like to save money and cut the odd corner or two but this is one I strongly recommend you get right. Without doubt making sure you have quality images of your property will help you win more of those rental opportunities.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone that has improved their rental numbers with better pics or even with the use of a 360 tour as well as any other tips and comments you'd like to pass on regarding this post!
.
Look forward to hearing from you,
.
Karl
.
BargainVillas
.
REMEMBER: Home owners sign up for FREE at http://www.bargainvillas.co.uk/. Pay NO Advertising fee's or commission...Ever!

4 comments:

  1. Use a professional photographer! Are you mental! In a credit crunch! Surely that money would be better spent buying a quality camera!

    I found that the use of video has helped raise my rental rate, with out giving to much away, I don't think you can beat a guided tour by the owner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi @Garry,
    I'm not entirely mental but I take your point ha-ha I was really trying to get across the importance of getting decent images on board. Images that reflect the quality of the property.

    I'd like to see more owners using video, perhaps a video guided tour by the owner (a combo of what you suggest works well for you)

    Thanks for taking the time to comment Garry

    ReplyDelete
  3. My property is in FL Keys, im in Dublin. Not much chance of me giving a guided tour. I do have a 360 tour though, cant really say its given me more rents but it looks pretty cool.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Paul You must go to your property at some point! Whats the point in owning it if you don't take advantage. So when your next there do your own video diary, use a mobilephone if you have to.
    Think outside the box...oh hang on, i think that was the point of the blog...

    ReplyDelete